Friday, September 11, 2009

Time Managment

First of all, I would like to apologize to my readers for the direction my blog has taken. It started off as a great idea to challenge myself to random acts of kindness and now it has become a personal outlet for me to record my life's endeavors and personal development. With your permission, I would like to continue to do so. Writing really helps me clear my thoughts and gives me direction. I will continue to design this blog to inspire and motivate....Which leaves me with the question, do I change the title? What do you think?

*****************************

Time Management

I've learned that in most business ventures, plan A rarely ever work! So you got to move on to plan B, C & D. I can say this with my own personal experience and also after interviewing a couple of people who have walked this path before me. Excited and refreshed, it’s time to get back to work....and my to-do list is long!

The biggest challenge for me is time management, it always has been. Good news is I've come to terms with it and I'm a step closer in getting that under control. There's a big misconception that when you are the boss, or have your own business, it's easier because you get to do what you want....ummmm....that's a big NO! No because the only pull you have to motivate yourself to complete your tasks at the end of the day, is you! You, you, you and you!!!! It's all you! Every minute, every hour, everyday! And if you don't, you don't eat. Simple as that. And with 2 teenagers to feed, it’s a lot of pressure.

Isn't this true for all tasks? I tend to do better when I have a plan. I personally believe that keeping a well balanced life is important. So I compartmentalize. When I'm with my kids - I'm a mother; when I'm with my family - I'm with my family; with my friends - I'm having a blast; and when working - I get to put on my working hat. It's one big juggling act!

It is important to remind myself that the task at hand is not bigger than me; I am bigger than it. God wouldn't put me in this path otherwise. And yes, a lot of times it seems overwhelming, but that's all just in my head. One day at a time...one step at a time.

All the best,
Millie

P.S. Please stay connected by clicking on the "FOLLOW" button below. Thank you!

7 comments:

  1. I believe if you establish a clear goal, this will help direct you with your thinking.You may wish to develop a vision. Then see how everything works in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids, family, friends, these are the people that depend on you, that demand the most of you and your time, I can understand why you skip a meal
    sometimes and don't get a chance to eat, for me sometimes I skip shaving =] It's great you have a plan, the hardest part is having the discipline to carry out those plans, we definitely need a higher power to help us.

    Single themed blogs get predictable, personal blogs are more interesting and diverse. How about naming your blog, "M&M" = "Millie's Mind". Good luck with your endeavors Millie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Millie, the original theme of your blog is both unique as well as inspiring. In my humble opinion, the way you 'happily' manage time, making in turn those around you happy and smiling, is a great act of constant kindness! Hence I feel that even if you record your personal endeavors still it can be inline with your theme since you constantly try to be good at everything you do and with everyone around you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr. James - I agree with you, a vision is vital! I keep a picture of my dream house in front of my desk to remind me...I see my family and I living in it. =) I did learn though that material things are just icing on the cake. The journey is what's important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rod - lol! Very creative, I like M&M .... I think that name might have a copy write though so I was thinking maybe something a little more descriptive which will let people know what my blog is about by simply reading my title.

    What is my blog about?

    It's an insight of my world, my life and my thoughts, struggles and accomplishments.
    Being the best mom, friend, business person I can be. Being a good example of inspiration, motivation & persistence. Understanding that I am not extraordinary but I'm just like you trying to do something good.

    So, how do we fit that into the title?

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meam Wye - That's fantastic that you got happy and smiling from my writing. I didn't realize that my emotions are coming through and I'm glad that it is. Thanks for the insight. It's very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "One day at a time..one step at a time."

    Enjoy each step on the way to your goal and it won't even matter if you get there.

    ReplyDelete

Lur'em Marketing's Fan Box