Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Delightfully Surprising

Last night I met with a well known potential client and our meeting lasted 8 hours! That's a very long meeting but it didn't seem that long. Actually, I made the error of not doing my research before going into the appointment, which is a big no, no in any business. And because of that I didn't really know what to expect. All I knew was that she was in the entertainment industry. Ok, that's fine....let's see what we can do.

Well, let me just say, she was amazing and her family was just as welcoming. Her personality was refreshingly authentic and there is a strong and alluring presence about her. She is extremely talented and it shows up in everything that she does. Talk about a great work ethic; she moves at a hundred miles per hour! Next to her, I had to take a double look at my work attitude. =) In retrospect, maybe it was a good thing that I didn't know who she was because it kept me from being star struck! lol!

Anyway, the lesson I got from it is to keep an open mind, don't have any expectations and don't walk in to any situation with pre-judgments because they just might delightfully surprise you. Still do your research, but keep your judgments at home!

Oh, and we are going to work with her. Yay! =D

Thanks for reading!
Millie

P.S. Please click on the "Follow" button below to stay tuned to my upcoming stories.

5 comments:

  1. Well now I really want to know who it was?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exatly, I think so. Firstly We can't think on people without know them a good time, but, in fact, we will always have a surprise about them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the reality is always different than what we expect. Let life surprise you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the forest gump approach, the box of chocolates thing.
    hi, millie,
    back home, alls well

    ReplyDelete
  5. I REALLY need to be better about hopping over to your blog. It's always such an inspiration to come over here and feel your positivity coming through my screen.

    I promise to be a better Follower from now on.

    ReplyDelete

Lur'em Marketing's Fan Box