Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dirty Towel

I am what you call the yo-yo gym goer. On the times when I am motivated, you'll find me at the gym pretty regularly immediately followed by the long silent no-go, no-show.

Well today I decided to make an appearance. Though I kept it pretty easy (honestly, I was just feeling tired and lazy), I still manage to work out a good sweat. On my way out, a towel landed about 4 steps ahead of me. The towel belonged to a woman jogging diligently on the tread mill. Which brought on the dreadful choice; do I ignore the dirty towel, walk by and pretend I don't even see it or do I do a good deed?

Ok, before this exercise, that's what I probably would have done. I mean common, a dirty towel! Really! It's dirty and sweaty and personal. Ay!!! But I decided to put myself in her shoes. When I'm in my running zone, I don't like to stop because it takes away from my momentum. And I would like it if someone picked it up for me.

I got over myself, picked it up and gave it to her. To see the grateful smile on her face was definitely worth it. When in doubt, focus out! Besides, I wasn't any cleaner than the dirty towel anyway; I myself just got done with my workout. I'm not one to judge the dirty towel.


Good night!

Millie

7 comments:

  1. I welcome all comments and feedbacks including all of my grammatical/spelling errors.

    Good looking out there buddy! It’s fixed.

    But I should add a disclaimer: May contain grammatical/spelling errors. English and grammar was not my strongest subject...but I'm writing this anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your very last comment: "I'm not one to judge the dirty towel." Absolutely wonderful! This could be a new philosophy on life! I can't wait until the kids go to bed so I can read through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well pretty lad glad you e-mailed me.
    i too respect that last tid-bit.
    judgen, needs to be left, to the judges.
    glad you found my blog.
    plainolebob

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~Dalai Lama

    I am inspired and intrigued by your blog. I am looking forward to the ah-ha moment of self discovery. I also wanted to share the following site for those who are inspired by your blog but are limited in ideas on what to do as random acts of kindness.

    http://www.helpothers.org/?gclid=CMChncKVtZwCFR5HagodwQLYnw

    ReplyDelete

Lur'em Marketing's Fan Box