Monday, August 31, 2009

You get what you put out!

Ever since I've given myself permission to be more open without attachments/judgments, good things happen.

Last week, my mother and I went to Glen Ivy, a day spa out in Corona. I was drinking wine the night before so I wasn't feeling great that morning...I almost cancelled. We purposely arrived at 2pm to take advantage of the 1/2 price admission, a difference of $19 (a lot of money). Looking forward to a relaxing afternoon, they gave us the bad news that we arrived too early, we'll have to pay full price. During the summer season, the 1/2 price entrance is at 3pm not 2pm. Why didn't anyone tell us? We had no clue! We pleaded to let us in because an hour wait is a long time, especially when they don't have a waiting area. The answer was a hard No! You could imagine the kind of day I was having and the 90 degrees weather was not helping either. I was very disappointed and could have literally stormed out of there but that would mean about an hour drive home and I'd miss out on the spa...ummm, I'll wait patiently and make the most of it.

I decided to put it behind me and just enjoy the rest of the afternoon with mommy and I'm glad I did. The spa was exactly what I needed. The best part was when we met an interesting couple who lives out in Topanga Canyon. My mom decided to invite them to dinner and they willingly accepted...to my surprise. They had the most interesting stories about their work, England, plane riding, mountain biking..and so on. The wife is a professional mountain biker and the husband works in the entertainment industry - special effects. How interesting is that!?

After our dinner with them, it inspired me to plan a day hiking in Topanga Canyon. Inspiration can come in many differnt forms and I'm glad I didn't let a bad experience steal that away from me. All I had to do was remain open and say yes.

Until next time,
Millie

P.S. Please stay tuned to my next story by clicking on the "follow" button. Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. you seem so sweet, what was for diner? lol

    millie, stop over read, laff, leave a comment, i am up for peoples choiec award and i would really appreciate it thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thai food! Surprisingly, all the dishes tasted the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ask the couple you met about Stoney Point Park, its in the same area of Topanga Canyon, its a better hike and view is so awesome!

    You were in your right to be in a pissy mood, but good that you weren't otherwise you and your mom wouldn't have met that couple =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rod! Thanks for the tip! I was wondering where is a good hiking spot. I even yelped it! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I'm in Love :)
    Just reading some of your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, make the best of every situation-that's the key to happiness!

    ReplyDelete

Lur'em Marketing's Fan Box